I. The great celebrations of the 1000th Thang Long – Hanoi anniversary (From October 1-10, 2010)
1. Opening day (October 1)
a. The opening ceremony will be held by the Hanoi authorities and the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism at the Ly Thai To statue, Dinh Tien Hoang road and the space around the Hoan Kiem Lake in the morning of October 1.
b. The exhibition of economic and social achievements of Vietnam and Hanoi will open in the afternoon October 1 at the Giang Vo Exhibition Centre.
c. The exhibition of literary works of Vietnam through various periods at the Cultural and Art Exhibition Centre, 2 Hoa Lu, Hanoi.
d. “The country with Hanoi” special show on the Vietnam Television in the evening of October 1, with the direct participation of many people in different sites in Vietnam and abroad.
e. A general cultural and art performance organised by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism in Hanoi in the evening on October 1. The show will have the contribution of foreign experts.
2. Activities from October 2-9, 2010
a. Cultural and art activities:
- Cultural exchange festival for ethnic groups in Vietnam to celebrate the 1000th Thang Long – Hanoi anniversary in Hanoi
- A week for historical films in Hanoi
- “Thang Long impetus and the song for the country” music show at the Hanoi Opera House
- Performance of selected new songs to celebrate the 1000th Thang Long – Hanoi anniversary at the Ba Kieu Temple stage
- Street festival and cultural-art programme of young Hanoians at various places in Hanoi
- The first international festival for young bands in Vietnam at the My Dinh National Convention Hall
b. Sports activities
- Final round of the international Thang Long – Hanoi Football Cup in Hanoi and other provinces
- Performance of Vietnamese martial arts at the Quan Ngua sports palace
- Ha Noi Moi newspaper’s running contest around the Hoan Kiem Lake
- International trans-Vietnam cycling tournament 2010 from HCM City to Hanoi
c. Tourism activities
- A tourism festival in Hanoi
- An exhibition of antiques, documents and objects about Thang Long – Hanoi in the Thang Long ancient citadel, Hanoi
- Exhibition of ornamental trees and flowers in the Thang Long ancient citadel
- Festival for craft villages in Hanoi
3. Other activities to celebrate the 1000th Thang Long – Hanoi anniversary in Hanoi from October 1-10, 2010
1. A special circus show entitled “Hanoi – The city for peace” at Thien Quang Lake, Dong Kinh Nghia Thuc square and the National Circus.
2. Music concerts by famous Vietnamese artists at the Hanoi Opera House.
3. Performance of ancient dances of Thang Long – Hanoi at the Ly Thai To Flower Garden.
4. International music and stage festival with the participation of art troupes from some 1000 year-old cities in the world (around 29 troupes).
5. A big concert performed by Vietnamese and foreign orchestras at the Hanoi Opera House.
6. A parade and performance by contestants in the Miss World 2010 pageant in Vietnam.
7. The national press awards ceremony about 1000th Thang Long – Hanoi anniversary.
8. The awards ceremony of the international competition on knowledge about Thang Long – Hanoi, entitled “Hanoi – Your Rendezvous”.
9. The awards ceremony of the contest on knowledge of Thang Long – Hanoi for Vietnamese citizens.
10. Photo exhibition of Hanoi at 93 Dinh Tien Hoang street and 45 Trang Tien street.
11. A calligraphy exhibition and festival at Van Mieu (Temple of Literature).
12. Bat Trang ceramic – Tradition and Modernity exhibition on Yen Phu road, Bat Trang village.
13. Exhibition of famous battlefields and campaigns in the military history of Vietnam at the Vietnam Military History Museum.
14. Exhibition of national heroes and famous scholars of Vietnam at the Revolution Museum.
15. Exhibition entitled “Hearts to Thang Long – Hanoi”, which will display products of individuals and organisations presented to Hanoi on the occasion of the 1000th Thang Long – Hanoi anniversary at the Hanoi Friendship Palace.
16. Ancient Thang Long – Hanoi exhibition at the Hanoi Museum.
17. Performance of traditional ao dai.
18. Hanoi food festival.
19. A kite-flying festival.
20. The launching ceremony of a collection of books about Thang Long – Hanoi
21. The announcement ceremony of a national research work about 1000 years of Thang Long – Hanoi.
22. Inauguration ceremony of the Hanoi Museum on Pham Hung road, Tu Liem district.
23. Inauguration of Hoa Binh Park in Tu Liem district.
24. Inauguration of statues of President Ho Chi Minh and President Ton Duc Thang at Thong Nhat islet in Thong Nhat Park.
25. Inauguration of the Workers’ Theatre on Trang Tien street.
26. Inauguration of the Thanh Tri and Vinh Tuy bridges across the Red River.
27. Exhibition of the development plan for expanded Hanoi at the Planning and Construction Exhibition Palace in Tu Liem district.
28. Inauguration of the Lang – Hoa Lac Highway.
II. Activities organised by local authorities
a. Phu Tho province:
- Incense offering ceremony for the Hung Kings at the Hung Kings Temple.
- Exhibition of antiques of the Ly dynasty at the Hung Kings Museum.
- Music-art show to celebrate the 1000th Thang Long – Hanoi anniversary.
- Photo exhibition on Vietnam’s capitals.
b. Bac Ninh province
- Bac Ninh Culture, Tourism Festival 2010.
- Incense offering ceremony at Do Temple and other festivals at temples in the province connected to King Ly Cong Uan during the ten days of the 1000th great anniversary of Thang Long – Hanoi (October 1-10, 2010).
- Exhibition of cultural heritages of the Ly dynasty.
- Producing a documentary about the home land of the Ly dynasty.
c. Nam Dinh province
- Tran Hung Dao Temple Festival.
- Cultural, sport, tourism activities to honour the Tran dynasty, in relation to the 1000th anniversary of Thang Long – Hanoi.
d. Ninh Binh province
- Hoa Lu ancient capital festival.
- Exhibition of cultural heritages of the Dinh.
e. Thanh Hoa province
- Lam Kinh Festival.
- Organising cultural, sports, tourism activities to honour traditional culture, history and national hero Le Loi in association with the 1000th Thang Long – Hanoi anniversary in Hanoi.
f. Nghe An province
- Sen Village Festival.
- Sen Village Singing Contest and other activities to celebrate the 120th birthday of President Ho Chi Minh, in connection with the 1000th Thang Long – Hanoi anniversary.
g. Thua Thien – Hue province
- Hue Festival 2010.
- Amateur music and dance festival to celebrate the 1000th Thang Long – Hanoi anniversary.
- Hanoi – Thua Thien Hue: Past and Present exhibition.
h. Binh Dinh province
- Two special music and dance shows to welcome the lunar New Year 2010.
- Tay Son festival and other activities.
- The second Tay Son – Binh Dinh Festival and the International Traditional Martial Arts Festival.
i. HCM City
- Cultural Day and amateur, professional performances to celebrate the 1000th Thang Long – Hanoi anniversary.
- An amateur literature and art festival.
- Scientific seminar entitled “1000th year of Thang Long – Hanoi”.
- “Thang Long – Hanoi: 1000 Years of History” festival.
- HCM City International Tourism Exhibition 2010.
1. Vietnam – Binh Duong pottery festival 2010 entitled “Vietnamese pottery – tradition – identity and development” from September 1-5, 2010 in Thu Dau Mot town, Binh Duong province. The festival will include a pottery fair, an exhibition of pottery collections, an exhibition of photos of pottery, a meeting to honour traditional Vietnamese pottery, a music-fashion show, a pottery-making competition, an auction of pottery to raise funds for charity and a parade entitled “Night of Pottery”.
2. A sea carnival in Quang Ninh province in late March – early April 2010.
3. A sea festival in the southern province of Ba Ria – Vung Tau, also in late March – early April 2010.
4. An international firework festival in the central city of Da Nang in March 2010.
5. “Trans-Asia bridge span 2010” in July 2010 in the central province of Quang Tri, with the participation of art troupes from Vietnam, Laos, Thailand, Myanmar and China.
6. Miss World 2010 pageant in Nha Trang city, Khanh Hoa province in September and October 2010, which will be combined with activities to celebrate the 1000th Thang Long – Hanoi anniversary.
7. Da Lat Flower Festival 2010 in Da Lat city, Lam Dong province.
3. Overseas activities to celebrate the 1000th Thang Long – Hanoi anniversary
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs will combine with other ministries, agencies and associations at home and abroad to organise cultural and art activities to celebrate the 1000th Thang Long – Hanoi anniversary.
III. Activities organised by Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism
- International circus festival from August 1-10, 2010 in Hanoi.
- International puppetry festival from September 6-10 in Hanoi.
- International photo exhibition in August 2010 at the Centre for Culture and Art Exhibitions of Vietnam in Hanoi.
- International Film Festival from September 25-30, 2010 in Hanoi.
- Other activities.
Source Vietnam Net / PV