Accordingly, in 2011, the programme will expand its voting norms to 20 categories but narrow the number of candidates of each category from 10 to 5 in order to improve the quality of the vote.
The programme aims to improve and standardise tourism service quality in Ho Chi Minh City to become more competitive with regional countries, introduce tourists to attractive products and destinations of Vietnam tour and reveal investment opportunities to potential investors.
The 20 categories include:
1. Five most luxury hotels in the City
2. Five best business hotels
3. Five outstanding places to organise meetings and exhibitions
4. Five special restaurants
5. Five restaurants serving the best Vietnamese food
6. Five luxury shopping centres
7. Five typical traditional markets
8. Five typical museums
9. Five typical architectural projects
10. Five typical historical and cultural relics
11. Five ecological tourist sites
12. Five typical places for art performances
13. Five perfect places for night entertainment
14. Five places for health care and spa treatments
15. Five typical souvenir trademarks
16. Five favourite fruits
17. Five favourite Southern dishes
18. Five typical tourism types
19. Five special cultural, sport and tourism events
20. Five special transport trademarks (one airline, one trademark for waterway and three trademarks for road)
The results of the vote will be announced in early 2012.