For a Green Halong
Doing our part!
In partner ship with Halongbay Management board, Indochina junk in Halong Bay (as a brother company of Footprint) has launch a project called “For a Green Halong Bay” this is a trial project Managed by Indochina Junk and sponsored by Footprint and Tropical Sails.
This project takes place in Vung Vieng fishing village, where there are many families living on the water and having impacts on the environments of Halong bay.
The campaign is to encourage local people and nearby businesses to collect litter and protect the appearance of Halong bay Vietnam, especially at the residential zones.
On the day the campaign was launched 50 plastic rubbish bins were given to families living in this village. More important than that, our project is aiming at education and communication to hope that all the locals will soon realize the benefit of doing this.
Our objectives of the project "For a Green Halong" are;
1. Educate the local people,
2. Collecting and treating waste in Halong Bay,
3. Changing all the Styrofoam floats underneath the floating houses by plastic floats which can be durable, long lasting and safe for environment.
4. Providing life jackets to the local fishermen
5. Re-planting mangroves forests in Halong Bay
6. Building new floating schools for the children
After 4 years, with our non-stop efforts, “For a Green Halong Bay” gained such below great results:
1. 80% of rubbish in Cong Dam & Vung Vieng fishing villages was collected and treated.
2. 128 life- jackets were presented for the local household.
3. 2 hectares of mangroves forests were full-filled.
4. Help to build new floating school in Vung Vieng fishing village.
We call for your support, please help leave a better Halong Bay for the future.